Saturday, October 01, 2011

SWIM For A Cure - October 2011 and Beyond



It has been a while ladies and gentlemen. I believe I haven't blogged about anything in nearly 2-3 weeks.

I wanted to check-in with everyone so that I can make a formal announcement regarding SWIM For A Cure.

Lately, I have been donating proceeds to different charities/causes every 2 months. I have enjoyed doing it this way, but I have run into a snag in the system.

I began SWIM For A Cure during the awkward month of February 2011. Consequently, I began working with charities on a 2-month schedule when I only had 11 months left in the 2011 calendar year. Because of this, I had to either run one program between two calendar years, or give 1 charity/cause an intensely big month. I chose the latter.

With that being said, I am happy to announce that this month, 40% of all proceeds through the SWIM For A Cure eStore will be donated to the American Diabetes Association. I will also be making donations from book signings and events (dates TBA) and I will hopefully make up for that lost month by having a VERY active October.

How do I plan to do this? Let me explain:

Typically, I have relied on the Chicagoland area to host my SWIM For A Cure Events/book signings. However, this month I will be traveling. Below are the dates and locations in which I will be at speaking/visiting for other reasons.

University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
10/7/11 - 10/9/11

University of Florida
10/13/11 - 10/14/11

Cleveland, Ohio (Literally, the city of Cleveland. No logo, nothing specific).
10/20/11 - 10/24/11

So I guess what I am trying to say is that if you have an awesome idea for a restaurant/bookstore/store/business/library/ANYTHING that you think would be a great spot to hold an event, let me know.  OR If you have a friend/family member who may run a business or have a great idea, forward them the blog. I'll have some down time before and after speeches and I'd much rather raise money for a cause than just sit on my iPhone playing "Cut The Rope" or "Angry Birds."

I hope everyone has been well since I last blogged! Take care, and hopefully I will see some of you out at an event!


Email me an idea: Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment