Wednesday, October 05, 2011

JACK'S MANNEQUIN'S NEW ALBUM, "PEOPLE AND THINGS"


WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!?!?!?! I am absolutely amazed that I did not blog about this when it came out. I didn't even tweet about it!

As you may know, Jack's Mannequin inspired the title of Swim, (and a great deal of my motivation) with their single, "Swim" off of their Sophomore album, "The Glass Passenger". (Get it now, on discount, if you don't have it).

On September 22nd, lead singer, Andrew McMahon, and the rest of the band released their Junior LP, "People and Things". Personally, I am absolutely IN LOVE with the album. Unlike almost everything on Top 40 radio nowadays, the album is filled with meaningful lyrics and smooth melodies. Certainly worth a purchase, or at the minimum, a sample listen on iTunes.

Here is the title song, for all of you who have yet to hear "Swim":


If you like that track, check out the single from the new "People and Things" album:


That is all from me. I am going to head to bed now, amazed that it took me so long to blog that.

No comments:

Post a Comment